IOSH Managing Safely
IOSH Managing Safely Course
Integral Safety are now an approved IOSH training provider and can offer IOSH Managing Safely which is a practical and cost-effective way to meet your regulatory requirements, develop your people and promote your business.
IOSH Managing Safely provides the training and tools for managing safety at work, we promote discussion and application back to the delegates workplace.
We have the flexibility to come to you or a venue near to you, we can also deliver the course via Zoom / Teams for ultimate ease. Because of this, we are very competitive on the course pricing and can offer amazing group discounts.
Benefits of IOSH Managing Safely
The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) is a global organisation for health and safety professionals, based in UK. Their health and safety courses are world-renowned and trusted.
Managing Safely is the market-leading health and safety course for supervisors, line managers, or anyone responsible for managing others. The course is designed to provide all managers with the confidence and enthusiasm to apply knowledge to the workplace, this course is unlike any other.
Who Is This Course Suitable For?
IOSH Managing Safely covers the following modules
How Will I Be Assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in two ways:
IOSH Managing Safely Frequently Asked Questions and FAQs
IOSH Managing Safely qualification covers the following topics:
- Introduction and Overview
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Control
- Understanding Responsibilities
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Common Hazards
- Investigating Accidents and Incidents
- Measuring Performance
Following successful completion of the IOSH Managing Safely course candidates will be able to:
- Understand the main guidelines and practice as set out in Health & Safety at Work Act
- Explain the component parts of a recognised safety management system such as HSG65, and OHSAS 18001
- Identify the data and techniques required to produce an adequate record of an incident and demonstrate the procedure for an accident investigation, recognising the human factors involved
- Describe statutory requirements for reporting and procedures for checking for non-reporting
- Define ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’, and describe the legal requirements for risk assessment
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of a risk assessment technique and the data required for records
- Describe workplace precaution hierarchies
- Prepare and use active monitoring checklists and implement schedules for active monitoring, recording results and analysing records
- Outline relevant health and safety legislation, codes of practice, guidance notes and information sources such as the Health and Safety Executive.
To pass the IOSH Managing Safely course, candidate must pass two assessments: a test or exam, and a small project.
The written assessment of 30 questions where 60 points are available where you need at least 36 points to pass (60%).
A practical project which consists of a short risk assessment of 4 hazards in your workplace. 38 points are available, and you need at least 23 points to pass (60%).
The IOSH Managing Safely is a Level 2 course, suitable for team leaders, managers and supervisors. No prior knowledge of health and safety is required, but a good standard of English is recommended.
The IOSH Managing Safely course takes place over three days in the classroom, and is designed for those responsible for the safety and well-being of one or more person in the workplace.
IOSH Managing Safely is a globally recognised and respected qualification in health and safety.
Want To Know More?
If you want to know more or are interested in booking on the Managing Safely course, then you can get in touch by clicking the link below.