Managing Safely is a 3-day course for anyone needing a broad understanding of health and safety in any industry or sector.
This course will be delivered from a training facility 10 minutes from the Leicester City Centre and includes catering and printed resources to take away.
Throughout the 3-day course delegates will be trained on the following:
- Assessing Risks,
- Controlling Risks
- Understanding Responsibilities
- Understanding Hazards
- Investigating Incidents
- Measuring Performance.
Each delegate will complete a formal assessment consisting of 30 questions and a workplace risk assessment (completed within 2 weeks of the end of the course).
Following successful completion of the IOSH Managing Safely course candidates will be able to:
- Understand the main guidelines and practices as set out in Health & Safety at Work Act
- Explain the component parts of a recognised safety management system such as HSG65, and OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001
- Identify the data and techniques required to produce an adequate record of an incident and demonstrate the procedure for an accident investigation, recognising the human factors involved
- Describe statutory requirements for reporting and procedures for checking for non-reporting
- Define ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’, and describe the legal requirements for risk assessment
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of a risk assessment technique and the data required for records
- Describe workplace precaution hierarchies
- Prepare and use active monitoring checklists and implement schedules for active monitoring, recording results and analysing records
- Outline relevant health and safety legislation, codes of practice, guidance notes and information sources such as the Health and Safety Executive.